1/8 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon light agave
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/8 cup cocoa butter (grated, packed to measure)
1. Mix coconut oil, cocoa powder, and agave.
2. Melt cocoa butter in a small bowl. Set inside a larger bowl of hot water until melted.
3. Mix coconut oil, cocoa powder and agave into melted cocoa butter. (I have seen other chocolate recipes add a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla at this point.)
4. When it is the texture of hot fudge, spoon into a piping bag or squeezable chocolate mold painter fitted with #3 (for mini-chips) or larger tip.
5. Pipe onto parchment or waxed paper. Chill till firm. Store in fridge.
Rich, dark chocolate chips. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you all the things you can do with them!
I have also made this using a plastic food storage bag. Spoon the chocolate into a bottom corner of the bag, twist top of bag over mixture, and hold from there. Cut off a very tiny corner of the bag, and squeeze gently to form chips.
Note--use all cocoa butter (1/4 cup) for a harder chip.
This recipe works well in candy molds. This little gone raw tart is decorated with my chocolate whipped cream.
Picture #2 now shows the chips. :)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!