4 small carrots
½ large zucchini
½ cup sweet onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon jalapeno (minced)
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (ground)
1. I was planning on grating everything by hand but after grating my finger on the first beet I quickly threw out that idea! For the grater challenged, I suggest using a food processor and chop beets and carrots into chunks and process into little bits. Put in a big bowl.
2. Puree zucchini, onion, garlic, jalapeno, spices, and salt. Put it in the bowl with beets and carrots.
3. Add flax and pumpkin seeds and mix well.
4. Let sit for a half of an hour so the flavors marry and the flax soaks up some of the extra moisture.
5. Time to get nice and pink! Dig in with your hands and shape 6 patties about a 1/2 inch thick and put onto Teflex sheets.
6. You should be able to flip after about 5 hours dehydrating them at 105 Fahrenheit. Dehydrate until the desired dryness is achieved!
Super yummy little burger with a bright red color.
I ate mine with a green goddess type dressing and sprouts. Yummy in my tummy. Can’t wait to try these with some onion bread!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!