You will need:
red or green cabbage (one large one)
1 tablespoon sea salt (non-iodized)
one quart mason jar with lid
mandolin slicer, sharp knife, or grater
1. make sure glass jar is really clean and sterile.
2. shred cabbage using a slicer, grater or knife. If using knife, it needs to be really thin!
3. mix cabbage with salt in bowl.
4. place in jar along with juices. press down firmly.
5. let it sit for 30 minutes to let juices cover the cabbage.
6. add more water if needed in order to completely cover the cabbage.
7. cover tightly and let sit for 1-2 weeks in a cool dark space.
8. then open and eat! refrigerate after opening.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!