1-4 heads red or white or mixed
1.remove some of the outer leaves from the cabbage heads and set them aside
2. run the rest through juicer with blank plate
3. in a large bowl, press cabbage down, as far as it will go, and top with saved leaves and press it down again
4. put a layer of plastic wrap on top, and press it all down again.
5. put a weight on it, like a bag of water or un-opened lentils that fit the shape of the bowl well.
6. cover with a towel and place somewhere you don't go often, because it really stinks
7. check in 3 days to see if you have kraut. it should smell pickled and be translucent .
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 hours 20 min ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 2 days 21 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 7 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 7 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 3 days 7 hours ago