Rating4.8/5 (from 5 ratings)4.8
Yield20 (ish) truffles
1 cup coconut (dried, shredded) or ½ cup coconut butter
½ cup raw sesame tahini
2 tablespoons honey
Sprinkle of sea salt
½ cup sesame seeds (black, white, brown or mixed)
1. If using shredded coconut, put in food processor and blend for a few minutes.
2. Scrape down the sides and blend again for another minute. You should have a very smooth, oily coconut butter.
3. Add remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preference.
4. Scoop out a tablespoon or so at a time and roll into balls with your hands (you can wet your hands to keep it from sticking.)
5. Put the sesame seeds on a plate, and add the rolled truffles as you make them.
6. Toss them around in sesame seeds to cover.
Mandelicious's ThoughtsBy mandelicious
These are my substitute for the Chinese pastry.
They are really melt in your mouth addictively delicious.
A good one to try on non raw friends and family.
There are only two in the photo because we ate most of them before I got the camera!
I prefer to eat these at room temperature, because they harden significantly in the fridge.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Hair fallpauliasmith6745 - 8 hours 51 min ago
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?ClaireT - 17 hours 20 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 4 days 3 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 4 days 5 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 4 days 8 hours ago