1/3 cup walnuts (soaked 4 hours)
1/3 cup Brazil nuts (hand shelled, not pre-shelled)
1 clove garlic
Dash of salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons herbs (parsley, cilantro, or oregano)
1 tablespoon green onions
¼ cup cashews
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon curry powder
Dash of salt
1. Blend the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, paprika, lemon juice, and green onions in a food processor or blender.
2. Add one or two tablespoons of water if needed. Less water means a shorter dehydration time.
3. Add the walnuts and pulse the mixture several times. The nuts and herbs should only be processed/blended for a few seconds, so that they retain some crunchy texture. Taste the burger and adjust ingredients as needed.
4. Spoon the mixture into small patties on a teflex sheet.
5. Dehydrate at 105 F on a teflex sheet for 2 hours or until firm enough to flip.
6. Transfer mixture to mesh dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for an additional 4 hours or until desired texture is achieved.
7. Prepare the cashew curry sauce by blending the cashews, water, curry powder, and salt in a high speed blender or food processor.
8. Place the patty on a plate and add a generous portion of mixed leafy greens, zucchini noodles, chopped green onions, cilantro, parsley, and avocado slices.
9. Pour the cashew curry sauce over the greens and patty. Serve immediately.
Jalapeno adds red-hot flavor to this hefty burger.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!