1 1/2 cups soaked raw cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 3 hours)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raw pistachios
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy (you will need a high speed blender such as Blentec or Vitamix).
2. Pour on dehydrator sheet (with teflex) and carefully spread around with a spatula until mixture is covering most of the sheet in a thin, even layer.
3. Dehydrate at 125 F for two hours, then turn it down to 105 F and dehydrate for an additional 10-15 hours. The sheet should not be fully dry. You want it to peel off the teflex like fruit leather.
4. Lightly process pistachios, salt, and spices first.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue processing until mixture is consistent and pistachios are still slightly chunky.
6. Carefully cut the dehydrated dough into equal size pieces (size is up to you) and layer with the pistachio mixture. Using your hands is the best way to spread the pistachio mixture.
This is a delicious alternative to traditional baklava and made entirely of raw nuts!
Adapted from Sweet Gratitude by Matthew Rogers.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!