Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
YieldServes 4-6 depending on what you use it for
2 cups flax seeds (covered in water)
½ cup sun dried tomato paste
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon kelp
3 dash chipotle or cayenne powder
¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
1. Make sun dried tomato paste by soaking sun-dried tomatoes covered with water in a jar and then puree.
2. Put Flax seeds in mixing bowl with enough water to cover them. Let stand for 15-30 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
3. Then add all other ingredients and mix well.
4. On non-stick dehydrator sheet (or lightly oiled with coconut oil if you don’t use non-stick) spread mixture evenly & score into “chips” for easier break apart when dry.
5. Dehydrate for about 8 hours at 118 degrees or less.
6. Then flip over on to mesh dehydrator sheet to finish drying. Dehydrate until crispy. Drying time will vary depending on thickness of cracker/chip, type of dehydrator used, moisture level in your air, etc.
Luv-2B-raw's ThoughtsBy luv-2B-raw
These are a delicious replacement for Mexican Chips.
Wonderful with any Mexican food – salsa, sunflower seed mock bean dip, taco salad, etc.
A GREAT way to eat more Flax Seeds & get more OMEGA 3s! YUMMY!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???Creativelycc - 7 hours 48 min ago
Coconut meatCreativelycc - 8 hours 7 min ago
Natural Hair ColorCreativelycc - 8 hours 11 min ago
Nut allergyHarmony1 - 14 hours 56 min ago
Is it easy to be raw in Thailand?Harmony1 - 14 hours 58 min ago