3 cups wheat berries (sprouted)
3/4 cup water (or more if needed)
1 cup prunes
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Add wheat berries and water into blender (Vitamix) or food processor. Blend until creamy. Be careful, if too thick, your mixer will bog down. Add enough water to make it slightly loose.
2. Add prunes and cinnamon. Blend again on medium. Leave a few small chunks.
3. Use a soup spoon to make mounds on a non stick sheet in the dehydrator.
4. Press down in center with back of spoon and spread out into the shape of medium sized cookies about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Dehydrate at 115 F for 6 hours. They should still be gooey inside, but will lift up like fruit leather.
6. Flip them over and dehydrate an hour or two more. Should still be chewy inside but not wet.
J-rush's ThoughtsBy J-rush
If you love to sprout, but don't always know what to do with all those wheat berries, try this amazingly easy recipe.
These cookies will blow you away. They are sweet, chewy, and cinnamon spiced.
Perfect for a quick breakfast, or afternoon snack. Even a late night sweet tooth craving.
It seems like a lot of cinnamon, but once they are dehydrated, the flavors marry and they are perfect.
Warning: The mixture is very thick, be careful not to burn up your blender. Add enough water to keep it moving but not runny.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 19 hours 32 min ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 20 hours 18 min ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 1 day 4 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 2 days 19 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 5 days 21 hours ago