1 small beet (grated)
1 cup buckwheat sprouts
1/2 cup ground flax seed
2 dessert spoons cacao powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of sea salt
1 cup dried apricots (soaked about 20 minutes in warm water)
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1. Process all ingredients in the food processor, except the beet. Stir in the grated beet after everything is processed.
2. Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place on a Teflex sheet. Spread to a small cookie size about 1/2 inch thick. They will thin quite a bit once dry.
3. Dry at 145 Fahrenheit for about 3 hours.
4. Then turn down to 115 Fahrenheit and flip over when they are starting to dry and can be flipped over to do the underside. Leave until sticky/dry. You don’t want them too dry.
5. Process apricots with the ginger and salt, adding a little water to bind until you have a jam.
6. Make sandwiches using the apricot jam and chocolate sandwich rounds. Dust with lucuma or carob powder.
Sticky textured, chocolaty sandwich for days of decadence.
Alternatively, make a cream by blending cashew nuts and a little water. Put on top of jam to make a Victorian sandwich, or make a thin pouring cream.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!