1 pint distilled cold water
½ cup white raw almonds
6 medjool dates, pitted
1½ cup frozen strawberries
½ cup unsweetened, schredded coconut
1 pealed ripe nectarine
1. Pour water and while almonds in the blender and blend for about 3-5 minutes until the almond pieces are completely disolved.
2. Add pitted dates and blend until the date pieces are mostly dissolved.
3. Add frozen strawberries and pulse on ice crush. Let it run until the strawberries are crushed.
Note: I do not have a Vitamix, so I do not know if it can blend frozen fruits. I have a powerful blende with ice crusher functionality which I use to crush the frozen fruits before blending.
4. Add frozen galia melon and pulse on ice crush. Let it run until the melon pieces are crushed.
5. Blend for a couple of minutes.
6. Pour into 4 medium glazes or 2 large glazes, leaving some room in the glazes for the topping.
7. Top the shakes with schredded coconut.
8. Slide the nectarine lengthwise and place it in the shake glazes on top of the schredded coconut.
9. Drink and enjoy it!
This is a creamy, not icy, shake. It is sweet, yet not tooooo sweet. It is an energy and sugar (of the good sugars, of course) boost.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!