6 ripe bananas
1 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked a few hours)
1 cup raw mature coconut (chopped up)
1 large lemon (juiced)
4 teaspoons agave nectar
1/8 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1½ cups strawberries
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1. Place bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Remove from processor and spread about 1/8 inch thick onto a Teflex sheet on top of a dehydrator screen.
3. Dehydrate for 12 hours or less. Begin checking the bananas a few hours before to make sure they are formed, pliable, and solid in texture, but not getting crispy.
4. Remove from dehydrator and slice into squares (about 10 cm x 10 cm).
5. Place cashew nuts, coconut, lemon juice, 4 teaspoons agave, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Then drizzle in almond milk until the consistency is a thick puree. Add more almond milk if needed.
7. Combine strawberries and the 1 1/2 tablespoons agave in a food processor and blend until smooth.
8. Place scoops of filling onto banana fruit leather squares and roll up.
9. Pour strawberry sauce over the rolled-up crepes.
10. When ready to eat, top with a little maple syrup and garnish with mint.
Just the yummiest thing ever.
Note: It’s important to let the crepes sit for at least a couple of hours with the strawberry sauce on top. The sauce will soften the fruit leather and make it “crepe-like” instead of hard and chewy.
Left longer, they will retain their perfect shape, but the banana will melt in your mouth. These are also great the next day!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!