YieldUse an 8 inch spring form pan
Crumble bottom and & topping
* 2 cups of pecans, not soaked
* 1 cup of dates, not soaked
* 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt or a bit less
Use a food processor with the S blade to process the pecans and sea salt until broken down into a very rough flour. Then add the dates and process until the mixture becomes crumbly. Don’t over process it.
“Grease” the pan lightly with coconut oil. Then add about 50 to 60% of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the pan. Set aside while you make the cake.
* 1 cup of young Thai coconut meat (I had mostly firm meat)
* 1 cup of unsoaked cashew pieces
* 1/2 cup of strawberries, chopped into small pieces
* 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk (blend meat and water from one small young Thai coconut with firm meat)
* 6 good sized dates, soaked for 20 minutes
* 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
* 1 1/2 scraped vanilla beans
* 2 teaspoons of psyllium powder
* 1 tablespoon and 1 1/4 teaspoons of agave syrup
* 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
* 2 cups of strawberries, chopped into small pieces
Use a food processor with the S blade to blend all the above ingredients except for the 2 cups of strawberries. Blend until well combined but not completely pureed. Transfer cake mixture to a big bowl and stir in the 2 cups of strawberries.
Add the cake mixture to the pan. With the crumble left, add about 1/2 of it onto the top of cake and press gently. Cut up a few more strawberries and place on top of crumble. Sprinkle the final bit of crumble on top, still letting the strawberries peak through.
Freeze cake until frozen solid. (about 6 hours or so). Then take cake out of freezer and remove sides of the spring pan. Put cake into the fridge and eat when thawed.
* leftover coconut milk from above
* big handful of fresh strawberries or more
* agave syrup to taste
Blend everything up in the Vitamix until smooth.
For more details and photos, check out my blog and dessert photo album:
JoyceH's ThoughtsBy JoyceH
I was inspired by Ani Phyo's pineapple ice box dessert and a couple other raw vegan desserts. However you'll see that my cake/ ingredients are quite different. This turned out wonderful and it's now my husband's all time favorite raw dessert :-)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Newbie PageClaireT - 3 days 9 hours ago
Does anyone else experience thisgesolgonheather - 4 days 12 hours ago
unsuccessful printing of ebook. Help?!The Rawtarian - 6 days 13 hours ago
Maca, friend or foe?ClaireT - 1 week 4 days ago
Is The Fish Oil Good for Health?vicky_spd15 - 1 week 5 days ago