YieldUse an 8 inch spring form pan
Crumble bottom and & topping
* 2 cups of pecans, not soaked
* 1 cup of dates, not soaked
* 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt or a bit less
Use a food processor with the S blade to process the pecans and sea salt until broken down into a very rough flour. Then add the dates and process until the mixture becomes crumbly. Donâ€™t over process it.
â€œGreaseâ€ the pan lightly with coconut oil. Then add about 50 to 60% of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the pan. Set aside while you make the cake.
* 1 cup of young Thai coconut meat (I had mostly firm meat)
* 1 cup of unsoaked cashew pieces
* 1/2 cup of strawberries, chopped into small pieces
* 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk (blend meat and water from one small young Thai coconut with firm meat)
* 6 good sized dates, soaked for 20 minutes
* 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
* 1 1/2 scraped vanilla beans
* 2 teaspoons of psyllium powder
* 1 tablespoon and 1 1/4 teaspoons of agave syrup
* 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
* 2 cups of strawberries, chopped into small pieces
Use a food processor with the S blade to blend all the above ingredients except for the 2 cups of strawberries. Blend until well combined but not completely pureed. Transfer cake mixture to a big bowl and stir in the 2 cups of strawberries.
Add the cake mixture to the pan. With the crumble left, add about 1/2 of it onto the top of cake and press gently. Cut up a few more strawberries and place on top of crumble. Sprinkle the final bit of crumble on top, still letting the strawberries peak through.
Freeze cake until frozen solid. (about 6 hours or so). Then take cake out of freezer and remove sides of the spring pan. Put cake into the fridge and eat when thawed.
* leftover coconut milk from above
* big handful of fresh strawberries or more
* agave syrup to taste
Blend everything up in the Vitamix until smooth.
For more details and photos, check out my blog and dessert photo album:
JoyceH's ThoughtsBy JoyceH
I was inspired by Ani Phyo's pineapple ice box dessert and a couple other raw vegan desserts. However you'll see that my cake/ ingredients are quite different. This turned out wonderful and it's now my husband's all time favorite raw dessert :-)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Anyone heard about Alissa Cohen's show?Smileen - 1 hour 5 min ago
Frequently Asked Questions / GlossaryLolaQuiz - 10 hours 53 min ago
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 3 days 2 hours ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 4 days 10 hours ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 6 days 1 hour ago