Creating Healthy Habits
½ cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked
½ cup buckwheat groats, soaked
½ cup dates
½ cup raisins
4 figs, dried
2 tablespoon carob powder
1 tablespoon hemp seed oil
½ cup coconut, shredded, unsweetened
½ cup coconut butter
¼ cup sunflower seeds, soaked
¼ cup fresh juice or water, depends on whether you would like "flavoured" cream
2 tablespoon buckwheat groats (optional), soaked
1 banana, sliced
Part I: Sammy Cookies
1. Process soaked sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, buckwheat groats in food processor until fairly well blended.
2. Add in the dates, raisins, figs, and carob powder and turn on the machine again. (This is really entertaining if you live in an apartment and your neighbours wonder what on earth you’re doing).
3. As it’s running, pour in the hemp seed oil through the hole on top and process until mixture comes together and you can shape it into balls with your hands. (Turn off the processor before trying this though! Fingers are not a great addition to this recipe).
4. Shape mixture into equal balls. I usually end up with 6 big ones but you can make them smaller if you’d like. Set these aside. Part 2: Sammy Kream Filling
1. Mix shredded coconut, coconut butter (could use oil if necessary), sunflower seeds and liquid (use fresh juice if you’d like flavoured cream…orange is delicious or you can use water if you like coconut flavoured things!) in processor until pretty creamy.
2. Stir in buckwheat groats if you like a kuhhruncy textured kream. Grand Finale: Assembly of Ice Kream Sammy’s
1. Flatten the balls you made into little cookies.
2. Slice banana and top half of the cookies with 2 or 3 slices.
3. Spoon kream mixture over the cookies with the bananas.
4. Top with the remaining naked cookies.
5. Sprinkle more coconut on top if you like things to be pretty!
6. Put them in the freezer and watch them disappear:) Or, you could build a stonehenge-type masterpiece like I did in my picture…
Would you like delectable and rich ice kream sammy’s that are really simple to make and don’t involve tons of nuts?! Of course you do:)
This recipe was born out of sheer frustration resulting from finding nuts really hard to digest with my tummy AND my wallet and also not liking the overwhelming banana flavour of banana ice kream. The hemp seed oil in the cookies adds a delicious and unique caramel-like flavour to them once frozen. Can you say MMMMM or what!?
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!