Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
2 cups corn nibs
1 small 6-inch zucchini
1 small jalapeno pepper (deseeded)
2 cloves of garlic (derooted)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup flax (ground)
1. Throw everything except flax in a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
2. Add flax and either mix it in a food processor, or by hand if you're feeling ambitious (I wasn't).
3. Cover dehydrator trays with Paraflex sheets and spread the corn chip batter evenly with a spoon.
4. Dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 1 1/2-2 hours and turn over onto mesh trays.
5. Use a knife to score the shape of the chips and continue dehydrating overnight. Store in airtight containers.
Note: I made my chips super thin, under a clearly misguided understanding of how thick corn chips are. And it barely made two trays in my dehydrator. So you may want to increase the ingredients and make them a bit thicker, especially if you're going to do a nacho plate thing and pile stuff on top of them. Mmmm nachos.
Cupcakes revenge's ThoughtsBy cupcakes revenge
Sweet, spicy, and delicious raw corn chips.
The natural sweetness of the corn compliments perfectly the spicy heat of jalapenos and cayenne pepper.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Are raw sprouts going to make me sick?Sprouting - 1 hour 19 min ago
Have put too much liquid (water from garbanzos) in tahini hummus! how to thicken?ClaireT - 8 hours 47 min ago
Raw challenge!ClaireT - 8 hours 50 min ago
How to ripen bananasClaireT - 8 hours 53 min ago
Skin repair?pauliasmith6745 - 2 days 15 hours ago