Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
2 cups corn nibs
1 small 6-inch zucchini
1 small jalapeno pepper (deseeded)
2 cloves of garlic (derooted)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup flax (ground)
1. Throw everything except flax in a food processor and process until mostly smooth.
2. Add flax and either mix it in a food processor, or by hand if you're feeling ambitious (I wasn't).
3. Cover dehydrator trays with Paraflex sheets and spread the corn chip batter evenly with a spoon.
4. Dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 1 1/2-2 hours and turn over onto mesh trays.
5. Use a knife to score the shape of the chips and continue dehydrating overnight. Store in airtight containers.
Note: I made my chips super thin, under a clearly misguided understanding of how thick corn chips are. And it barely made two trays in my dehydrator. So you may want to increase the ingredients and make them a bit thicker, especially if you're going to do a nacho plate thing and pile stuff on top of them. Mmmm nachos.
Cupcakes revenge's ThoughtsBy cupcakes revenge
Sweet, spicy, and delicious raw corn chips. The natural sweetness of the corn compliments perfectly the spicy heat of jalapenos and cayenne pepper.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 1 hour 50 min ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 2 hours 14 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!ClaireT - 1 day 17 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 1 day 17 hours ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 4 days 18 hours ago