15 corn husks (soak the corn husks in warm water for 2 hours to make them pliable)
5 cups fresh corn (cut from ears)
2 cups cashews (soaked)
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked 2 hours)
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked 1 hour)
1 teaspoon miso
4 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 jalapeno (chopped)
2 green onions (chopped)
3 sprigs cilantro (leaves only)
1. To make the corn filling, process 4 cups of the corn with the cashews, cayenne and salt until smooth.
2. Add 1 cup corn and cilantro, pulse a few times, don't overprocess.
3. For the “refried bean” filling, process all ingredients, expect jalapeno, onions and cilantro, in a food processor.
4. Add a few tablespoons of water at a time and process until you get a smooth consistency.
5. Add jalapeno, onions and cilantro and pulse a few times to combine.
6. Separate and dry the corn husks.
7. Place about 2 tablespoons of corn filling on the center of the husk then add the bean filling.
8. Fold the bottoms over the filling and then fold the sides over.
9. Use husks strips to tie the top of tamalito. Optionally, serve with chili sauce.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!