YieldFills 2-3 mason jars full of crackers! Or one 5-tray Excalibur!
3 cups sprouted buckwheat groats (soak groats 6-8 hours, sprout 24 hours)
1 cup soaked flaxseeds (soak whole seeds 30-60 minutes)
2/3 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
2 cloves garlic (minced)
8 tablespoons fresh herbs (I used oregano, basil, and rosemary)
2 pinches of sea salt
1. Combine all ingredients except fresh herbs and salt.
2. Homogenize half the batter in a food processor until smooth.
3. Combine processed batter with unprocessed batter in large mixing bowl. Add fresh chopped herbs and salt and mix well.
4. Form batter into desired cracker shapes with wet hands to prevent sticking, around 1/4 – 1/3” thick (thinner crackers dry much faster). I make rounds and flatbreads.
5. Place onto lightly oiled Teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 145 F for 2 hours. Turn temperature down to 115 F and dehydrate until completely dry (about overnight).
6. Flip crackers in the morning and dehydrate another couple of hours.
Granola's ThoughtsBy granola
After a visit to a raw restaurant last week, I made it my mission to copy the wonderful texture of their crackers.
Leaving half the buckwheat unblended yields crackers that can be thick and substantial, but still light and crispy.
Truly the best raw cracker I have ever made, and relatively simple to make!
Just make sure to dehydrate them thoroughly, these taste better the drier they are.
Herb choices can be improved upon, I think, but had to get the method out there because these are so yummy!
Open to suggestions of adding a flavor zing, because with one these crackers can stand alone.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Wheatgrass in LA !!!bluesky-raw vegan - 4 hours 49 min ago
Hello Rawtariansbluesky-raw vegan - 5 hours 3 min ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 1 day 5 hours ago
Homemade almond butter?amytee - 1 day 12 hours ago
raw food in richmond, VAmegkup - 2 days 5 hours ago