Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldAround 3-4 cups
1 cup raw coconut butter (I used Artisana; melt under warm running water)
2 bananas (mashed)
¾ cup raw cacao powder
1 young Thai coconut (only the "milk")
½ cup raw amber agave nectar
Peppermint oil (to taste)
1. Start with the coconut butter. I had just bought a fresh jar, so I ran it under warm water for several minutes. The whole jar doesn’t have to melt. Just enough to get about 1 cup.
2. Pour melted coconut butter into a small-medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mash two bananas. Put bananas in mixing bowl with coconut butter.
3. Proceed to add cacao powder, agave nectar, and coconut milk to thin out the “batter”.
4. Finish by adding the peppermint oil to taste.
5. Since I just bought an ice cream maker, I put the mix in the ice cream maker and waited till it was done.
6. If you do not own an ice cream maker, place mix in a container and put it in the freezer. Stir the mix every 30 minutes or so until desired consistency.
Meganthevegan's ThoughtsBy meganthevegan
I swear they taste just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.
This ice cream incorporates the refreshing, mouth-cooling peppermint and rich cacao-chocolate. An awesome treat at any time!
Mine is still freezing, but the “batter” alone was just so amazing because it tasted just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies!
The picture is not my own. I imagine the finished product to be of that texture and color. I’ll definitely have pictures when it’s done!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 18 hours 28 sec ago
blackheads!!!Ashleybennet - 1 day 2 hours ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 2 days 9 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 2 days 18 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 4 days 10 hours ago