3 cups of pecans or walnuts
20 pitted dates (make sure they are soft, like Medjool dates)
2/3 cup cacao or carob powder
1 tsp almond extract
1 pinch of salt (optional, I don't tend to use it)
coconut shavings (I put them in the food processor to make them very fine)
pecan or walnut powder (I just save some from when I process them to make the truffles)
cacao or carob powder
1. Place the pecans or walnuts in the food processor, and process until the powder looks like sand
2. Add the cacao/carob powder, the dates, the vanilla extract and the salt
3. Mix until the ingredients have formed a dough
4. Take a small amount of dough and roll it in your hands
5. Decorate your truffles with coconut shavings, pecan/walnut powder, cacao/carob powder, carob chips, or drizzles of almond butter
6. Place your truffles on a plate or platter covered with Saran Wrap (so they don't stick to the plate) and put them in the fridge (for a couple of hours) or freezer (for 30 minutes) until they get a bit firmer.
7. Keep your truffles in the fridge or freezer until you eat them.
AVL's ThoughtsBy AVL
While your SAD friends are enjoying their coffee and Timbits from Tim Hortons, make them jealous with this raw vegan version of doughnut holes.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Dehydrator experimentation dayFee - 4 hours 23 min from now
Has anyone bought a Vita Mix from the US for use in Europe?ellie24 - 2 hours 22 min ago
I wondered where goneraw had gone...TammiTrue - 6 hours 4 min ago
Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?TammiTrue - 1 day 19 hours ago
Raw ThanksgivingClaireT - 3 days 9 hours ago