Tomato Cilantro Flax Cracker
Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
1 cup golden flax seeds
1 cup brown flax seeds
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked until soft)
1¼ cups pumpkin seeds (soaked and drained)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
1 teaspoon lemon juice (squeezed)
1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
½ teaspoon black pepper (ground)
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 cup parsley (chopped)
1/8 cup cilantro (chopped)
1. Put flax seeds in a large bowl with 2 1/2 cups of water and soak seeds for at least 30 minutes.
2. Mix all other ingredients (including sun-dried tomato soak water) in food processor and process until smooth.
3. Then mix all ingredients together.
4. Spread evenly on 2 Teflex dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115° Fahrenheit for 6 hours. It helps to score the crackers when you first put them onto the Teflex sheet so that they break along the lines later.
5. Flip and transfer to a mesh screen for 6 additional hours.
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This variation came from experimenting with different herbs and seeds and is based on a recipe found in Vegan World Fusion.
I especially like this recipe with raw hummus.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.