Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield12-14 small macaroons
1 cup cashews
1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded)
4 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons lucuma powder
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla chai spice sugar
VANILLA CHAI SPICE SUGAR
½ inch vanilla bean (pod and seeds)
6 to 8 cardamom pods (seeds only, hull removed)
2 points of star anise (pod and seeds)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
¼ teaspoon ginger (ground)
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or 2 whole cloves
12 coriander seeds
4 allspice berries
2 white peppercorns
Few grinds of nutmeg
Dry sweetener (optional)
1. Combine the vanilla chai spice sugar ingredients in a coffee grinder.
2. Then combine with your favorite dry sweetener (sucanat or raw cane sugar). You can also omit the sweetener, and just use the spice directly in the recipe.
3. For the macaroons, process all ingredients, except for the 1/4 shredded coconut, together in a food processor.
4. Chill mixture in fridge for at least an hour.
5. Add in the 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, press mixture to make circular macaroon shape.
7. Sprinkle extra vanilla chai spice sugar on top of each macaroon.
8. Dehydrate for 4 - 5 hours or until macaroons are molded and 'dry.' Check in on them periodically to make sure they haven't dried out 'too much'. Less dehydration time will yield a softer, moister 'cookie.'
Barefootandfrolicking's ThoughtsBy barefootandfrolicking
This recipe is, by far, my favorite raw macaroon recipe ever: not too chewy, not too sweet, and just the right texture.
The combination of coconut with maple syrup and vanilla chai spice will satisfy any sweet tooth, and gives the classic macaroon a sassy raw vegan twist.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Acne after 6 months rawarinam - 7 hours 17 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 18 hours 44 min ago
On and off RawClaireT - 1 day 14 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 9 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 9 hours ago