1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon (juiced)
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups blackberries
4 cups dates (large whole fresh; if not fresh, then soak for half an hour)
2 cups walnuts (dry)
1 cup walnuts (soaked)
1. In the food processor, process 2 cups of dried walnuts and salt until fine. Then add the olive oil and 1 cup of dates and continuing processing until it makes a doughy ball.
2. Press into a cake tin with a removable base (if possible).
3. In the blender, add 1 cup of soaked walnuts, 3/4 cup dates, lemon juice and water. Blend until it makes a thick cream. If too runny, then add more dates and walnuts. (It should be like whipped cream--thick and heavy.)
4. Pour on top of the base. Freeze for a couple of hours.
5. To make a jam, blend the blackberries with 1 cup of dates. When you are ready to serve the cake, remove from freezer and pour jam on top.
Zoe's ThoughtsBy Zoe
A delicious ice cream cake that tastes like cookies and cream and cheesecake, all at the same time.
Adapted from a recipe by Sergi and Valya Boutenko.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?Matt_Raw - 22 hours 51 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 2 days 7 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 2 days 10 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 2 days 13 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 2 days 20 hours ago