Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldDepends on how hungry you are
4 cups hard red winter wheatberries (sprouted, dehydrated)
1 cup of almond meal
4 tablespoons flax meal
Caraway to taste
Sea salt to taste
1. First go on and sprout your wheat-berries for 2 days, then dry. keep an eye on them, they dried really quickly.
2. After you've dried them, grind in the vita-mix (or any blender, i think) until you have a nice flour consistency (it'll be grainy, but still soft to the touch).
3. Dump into a mixing bowl with the almond meal and flax meal and combine together.
4. Add filtered water and mix with your hands until you have a doughy consistency. Make sure it's moist enough to be easily spread on Teflex.
5. Add in caraway and salt to taste, and combine thoroughly.
6. Spread on Teflex until around 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (about).
7. Dry at 105 for around 7 hours, flipping after the first 2 hours. I dried mine on the Teflex the whole time because i went out for most of the day, and I didn't want to risk overdrying. I suppose that if you just do it on the regular sheets, it'll be done faster.
8. Cut into desired sized slices.
I think that with this particular bread, the most important thing is that you really only need a few tablespoons of flax meal.
Otherwise it tastes too flax-y for my taste buds. please offer feedback or variations, this wheaty-rye bread tastes so much like the "real deal" and i imagine that it can only get better with more ideas!
Hail-kale's ThoughtsBy hail-kale
This is round one of a bread-making experiment, and it turned out really well!
Please excuse the approximated measurements.
I make food by taste, touch, and how it looks.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 1 day 7 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 1 day 7 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 1 day 7 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 13 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 5 days 18 hours ago