1 cup whole raw cashews or cashew pieces (soaked for 30 minutes)
1 cup water
¼ cup macadamia oil
¼ cup hazelnut oil
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup sunflower oil (cold pressed)
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon honey
4 teaspoons arrow root
1/3 cup water
1½ tablespoons agar powder
1. Place cashews and water (1 cup from soaked cashews) into a blender. Blend until a thick cream forms.
2. Add agave, maple, and honey. Blend until syrups are fully dissolved.
3. With blender running, add oils in a very fine stream. If coconut oil is not liquefied, add it at the end after all the other oils. Stop blender.
4. Heat 1/3 cups water. Stir in agar powder, stirring frequently until thickened.
5. Add agar mixture in the blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
6. Add arrowroot powder and blend for 30 seconds more.
7. Place it in a container or jar in the fridge. Allow it to chill for about an hour before use.
Jirizarry's ThoughtsBy jirizarry
Whipped cashew cream. It will thicken considerably in the fridge.
Use it as whipped cream in fruit plates and raw cakes/pies.
It can be used as a thick sweet mayonnaise in salads or as substitute for mayonnaise in salad dressing recipes.
I make my Thousand Island raw dressing using 1/3 cup of this cashew-neise.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 days 1 hour ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 18 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 3 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 4 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 1 week 4 hours ago