Rating5/5 (from 5 ratings)5
2 cups basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
3 large zucchinis
2 medium tomatoes
8 to 10 dried olives
1/2 red capsicum
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1/2 cup basil pesto
1. Soak the pine nuts and pumpkin seeds for at least 4 hours. Drain and rinse.
2. Place all ingredients apart from the water into a food processor and process until almost smooth. You still want a little texture to it. Add a little water at a time if it seems too dry.
3. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to a week.
4. Use a julienne peeler to slice the zucchini lengthways into long noodles and place in a large bowl. You could also use a spiralizer.
5. Chop the tomatoes and capsicum, destone and chop the olives and add these with the pine nuts to the zucchini.
6. Add the pesto and mix thoroughly to combine.
7. Leave to sit for 1hour before serving if you would like the noodles to soften a bit.
Kellymyra's ThoughtsBy kellymyra
I made this dish for a raw potluck this weekend. All the classic Italian flavors are there which makes this a favorite for friends and family who are not raw.
You can make a big batch of pesto up to keep for the week and just do the zucchini on the night.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 51 min 48 sec ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 1 hour 37 min ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 9 hours 42 min ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 2 days 1 hour ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 5 days 2 hours ago