½ cup raw unsoaked Brazil / Amazone Nuts
½ cup raw unsoaked bruin almonds
½ cup unsweetened unsoaked raisings
½ cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoon psyllium husk
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon lucuma powder
1 tablespoon mesquite powder
2 teaspoon raw vanilla powder
1 tablespoon distilled water
1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
4 tablespoon raw cashew-macadamia butter
1) Pour firtst 9 ingredients in a food processor with the S-Blade attached and mix.
2) While food processor is running, add one tablespoon distilled water. Then add 1 tablespoon agave nectar.
3) Leave the food processor running until mixture is smooth (won’t be wet) and starts to ball up. Stop the food processo before the mixture balls up
completely to avoid the mixture becoming to fine of texture. It should be smooth but with chunks of nuts, cranberries and raisings.
4) Remove mixture from food processor and press into a square or round glass or plastic dish.
5) Spread cashew-macadamia butter on top of the pressed mixture.
6) Freeze until firm, but not frozen (about 45-60 minutes), and then slice length-wise. In my case it yielded 4 bars.
It keeps refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen for about a month.
It is sweet, but not too sweet. The maca powder gives it a creamy flavor. It is a chewy but crunchy firm mixture for bars that does not have to be
dehydratated, which is an advantage for those who still do not have a dehydratator yet or do want something quick. It took me about 15 minutes to have it ready.
My husband find this to be a perfect food for him to have after working out intensively. First he has a shake, and then one or two bars.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!