Raw coconut milk recipe
Shelf Life24 hours
Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield1 3/4 cup coconut milk (strained)
- 1. Place water and coconut in blender.
- 2. Blend for at least 2 minutes.
- 3. Strain using nut milk bag or cheesecloth. (Discard leftover coconut mash from inside nut milk bag).
- 4. Enjoy the strained coconut milk!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Make instant coconut milk using your blender! It's easy, as long as you have a blender and a nut milk bag.
Be sure to blend for a long time (2 minutes minimum) to ensure that the coconut is well broken down into tiny parts that will squeeze through your nut milk bag.
Once blended, you absolutely must strain the milk with a nut milk bag, otherwise you will be left with gritty fibrous coconut bits in your milk, which will ruin the texture. If you don't have a nut milk bag, try cheesecloth (although it will be much messier and difficult to do with cheesecloth).
This recipe will separate in the fridge and does not keep well, so best to use immediately.
Recipe Yield: You'll get 2 1/4 cups unstrained milk after blending. Once strained, you should have 1 3/4 cups of pure coconut milk, ready to use in your favorite recipe!
Caloric Info: This recipe was calculated based on unstrained milk.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Related To This Recipe
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes