"Raw Family: A True Story of Awakening" was the first raw food book that I ever read.
Short and easy to read, it is the story of one family's journey into the raw food lifestyle.
"Raw Family: A True Story of Awakening" is written by Victoria Boutenko, her husband Igor, and their two children Sergei and Valya. Victoria Boutenko is in some senses a raw celebrity of sorts.
Victoria Boutenko herself has written many books about raw food (including Green for Life, Green Smoothie Revolution and Raw Family Signature Dishes: A Step-by-Step Guide to Essential Live-Food Recipes), which is why hearing her own personal story is so fascinating.
- I love reading personal success stories. "Raw Family" is a wonderful introduction to an inspirational story.
- Written by both parents and two teenaged children, there is an interesting combination of perspectives.
- It's written in a very simplistic, easy to understand way.
- I am a fast reader. I ripped through this short book in probably less than two hours. However, I have also reread this book a couple of times because I do find value in it in that it's pleasurable to read and it is inspirational.
- There are some glossy color photos inside, which is a nice touch.
- It's too short!
- I am very down to earth and there are a few things in this book that may make skeptics go, "Yeah right!!" (ex. Sergei's teeth) but it's not too "out there."
- This is an inspirational story or autobiography of sorts. This is not a recipe book, although there are approximately twenty short, introductory recipes at the end.
This book is a perfect book to give to people who know very little about the raw food lifestyle or are looking to be reinspired. Again, this is not a recipe book nor does it go into the details of raw foodism. It is a story of one family's journey into raw food.
I keep this book on the bedside table in our spare bedroom. It's one of those easy to read books that can be picked up and read very quickly. It makes a great gift for people in your life who you think may be receptive to the idea of raw food.
You can find "Raw Family: A True Story of Awakening" at Amazon for around $10.