Raw macaroni and cheese recipe
Shelf Life4 days in fridge
Rating4.8/5 (from 15 ratings)4.8
- 1. Throw all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- 2. Blend. This recipe can be a bit of a @#$#$% when blending, so if you're having trouble getting the mixture to mix properly, turn your high-speed blender off and insert a spatula down one side to let a pocket of air down near the blades. Then remove the spatula, put the lid back on and continue blending--going from slow all the way up to fast again. You can also add a bit more water (mentioned above) but I try not to add any more water than three additional tablespoons because I like to keep the texture nice and thick.
- 3. Serve with noodles . For noodles, you all know that I am obsessed with kelp noodles, so that's what I use for my raw macaroni and cheese extravaganzas. But if you're cheap and/or disorganized and don't have raw kelp noodles, you can make zucchini noodles using a carrot peeler or a spiralizer.
- 4. Garnish with lots of pepper! Normally, I don't really like pepper, but this recipe just totally gets better when you sprinkle a lot of pepper on it. Don't ask me why. It just does. Oh! And you could also even serve with raw ketchup :)
- Enjoy this raw macaroni and cheese recipe! I don't have children, but something tells me they would just love this raw recipe as a treat on a cold, wintry day.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw macaroni and cheese... This recipe was born out of me saying to myself, "I need some raw macaroni and cheese right now or I am going to scream!" So I busted out my Vitamix and a sac of cashews and got to work creating this simple but ooeeey, gooey cheesey recipe.
Beware: this raw macaroni and cheese sauce is very potent! Start with a tiny bit of sauce and mix it into your noodles and then add more as your tastebuds dictate. If you add too much this raw mac and cheese recipe can be overpowering and way too saucy. So start slow with the sauce!
OK, and due to my noodles it's not really a raw macaroni and cheese recipe, it's more like spaghetti and cheese, but the taste is what's important, right??!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe provides you with 100% of your daily Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes