Raw oatmeal recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4/5 (from 2 ratings)4
- 1. OPTIONAL TO SOFTEN: The night before, throw the water, raisins and then oats into your blender. Let them sit overnight.
- 2. In the morning, start your blender (and if you didn't soak the night before, throw the water, raisins and then the oats into your blender). While the water and oats are blending, chop the apple and then add it to the blender, too.
- 3. Continue blending until the oatmeal is a nice, smooth texture.
- 4. Eat! I love to top this oatmeal with more whole raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This recipe makes for a very filling breakfast.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
In the morning, my breakfast is almost always either fresh fruit, a green smoothie, or--my favourite--quick, blended oatmeal.
This recipe does take a bit of preparation because it should be soaked overnight, but, with only a few ingredients, it's so easy! (PS: You can do it without soaking but it won't be as smooth.)
Of course, like any good oatmeal, top this recipe with fruit or whatever suits your fancy!
PS: It has recently come to my attention that eating truly uncooked oats is not safe. Thus, I have modified this recipe to use quick rolled oats, which have been cooked but are way better for your digestive system. Truly raw (uncooked) oats are very tough on the digestive system and should not be eaten because of their high amount of phytic acid.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes