Addicted to juices. Advice on juicers?

I am a bit of a juice addict, specially green and detox juices. I find them the perfect complement for healthy cooking and a healthy life. Lately, I have been using a masticating juicer at one of my friend’s and I am very impressed with the performance and yield when compared to other types of juicers. So much that I have decided to buy one. I have been researching and I have almost made up my mind after reading this article:

http://homewaremag.com/7-best-masticating-juicers-reviewed/

It is very thorough and, as I said, I have nearly made a decision but I would like to hear opinions of people here about this subject before buying one. Do you have any of them? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

ClaireT

Answers

• jacksanjacksan Raw Newbie

For years I had an old Jack Lalanne power juicer. Finally it gave out, after years and years of heavy use. I replaced it with the Omega J8006, mainly because of the good reviews on amazon. The extended warranty was another perk. Turns out I had to cash in on it. Unfortunately, what started out as a simple problem of the juicing screen giving out (the metal screen came apart) turned into a nearly two month phone tag process. First the part was out of stock,  then they told me they had shipped it but I never received it (no tracking number, no confirmation email), finally they shipped it (and made it feel like they were doing me a favor).  Since then the juicer works just fine. I can't speak for any of the other models on the list.