How do I keep motivated?

Hello! I'm new to Raw but have been a vegan for a while now. I'd like to lose some weight, but I am having trouble keeping to a healthy lifestyle without overeating. Does anyone have some tips for me?

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Welcome to the community!

Tell us a little about your diet. What are you overeating the most?

• ZkeV6jiGfpZkeV6jiGfp Raw Newbie
    ClaireT said:

Welcome to the community!

Tell us a little about your diet. What are you overeating the most?

mostly vegan things like peanut butter, cocoa, coconut icecream, etc

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hm. Are you worried about too many calories or just generally ending up over full? I can see worrying about eating too much peanut butter, etc. There are a ton of calories hiding in just a few spoonfuls. 

I usually keep grapes and other fairly low-calorie foods around to snack on so they're more of a snack than a meal. They're easy and act as a decent substitute for all of the other things I would probably end up reaching for.  

edited January 15

Yeah too many calories is definitely the problem for me, i find myself craving these things a lot. Im going to try your method of keeping low calorie snacks around, though i do already have plenty of fruit around, but i was wondering if i should eat more and if this will stop the cravings?

ClaireT said:

Hm. Are you worried about too many calories or just generally ending up over full? I can see worrying about eating too much peanut butter, etc. There are a ton of calories hiding in just a few spoonfuls. 

I usually keep grapes and other fairly low-calorie foods around to snack on so they're more of a snack than a meal. They're easy and act as a decent substitute for all of the other things I would probably end up reaching for.  

ClaireT
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I think fruit is a safe bet if it cures your cravings. It really depends if it helps or if it just causes more cravings. I think we're all unique in that and sometimes it depends where you are in your raw foods journey. 

TammiTrue said:

I think fruit is a safe bet if it cures your cravings. It really depends if it helps or if it just causes more cravings. I think we're all unique in that and sometimes it depends where you are in your raw foods journey. 

Thanks, im not very far in (about three days) but im starting to get the sense that with raw foods, the urge to stop eating once full is actually stronger!

ClaireT