How do I keep motivated?

Hello! I'm new to Raw but have been a vegan for a while now. I'd like to lose some weight, but I am having trouble keeping to a healthy lifestyle without overeating. Does anyone have some tips for me?

ClaireT

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Welcome to the community!

Tell us a little about your diet. What are you overeating the most?

• ZkeV6jiGfpZkeV6jiGfp Raw Newbie
    ClaireT said:

Welcome to the community!

Tell us a little about your diet. What are you overeating the most?

mostly vegan things like peanut butter, cocoa, coconut icecream, etc

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hm. Are you worried about too many calories or just generally ending up over full? I can see worrying about eating too much peanut butter, etc. There are a ton of calories hiding in just a few spoonfuls. 

I usually keep grapes and other fairly low-calorie foods around to snack on so they're more of a snack than a meal. They're easy and act as a decent substitute for all of the other things I would probably end up reaching for.  

• ZkeV6jiGfpZkeV6jiGfp Raw Newbie
    edited January 15

Yeah too many calories is definitely the problem for me, i find myself craving these things a lot. Im going to try your method of keeping low calorie snacks around, though i do already have plenty of fruit around, but i was wondering if i should eat more and if this will stop the cravings?

ClaireT said:

Hm. Are you worried about too many calories or just generally ending up over full? I can see worrying about eating too much peanut butter, etc. There are a ton of calories hiding in just a few spoonfuls. 

I usually keep grapes and other fairly low-calorie foods around to snack on so they're more of a snack than a meal. They're easy and act as a decent substitute for all of the other things I would probably end up reaching for.