Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are migraines normal when going raw?

ThessaThessa Raw Newbie

Hi,

I went raw on January 1st, 2019. On the 4th January I experienced a horrible migraine that lasted 4 days as well as vomiting. Is this a coincidence or perhaps my body responding to becoming raw and detoxing? 

Many thanks, 

Thessa

Best Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    Answer ✓

Hi Thessa

I think a lot of people get migraines when the body is getting rid of toxins. 

How are you feeling now?

Thessa
    Answer ✓

They do seem to run in families. I'm glad you're feeling better. 

Answers

• ThessaThessa Raw Newbie

Hi Claire,

I am feeling a lot better now.

But maybe I might be prone to migraines? A few people in my family suffer from migraines.

Thanks,

Thessa

ClaireT
  • cheripcherip Raw Newbie

I went raw over night and for the first 2 weeks I had a headache every day and felt generally unwell. I think it was from the sudden change from sugar grains and meat.

ClaireT
  • I had a headache that lasted two days. I was so glad to get to the other side of that one. 

• WheatgrassWheatgrass Raw Jr. Superstar

First several cleanses often trigger headaches.

ClaireT

Has anyone found something natural that actually takes down a migraine? 

• amanaamana Raw Newbie

oh Yes.,mine were awful the first week..hardly any headaches now,in week three.not even light headaches.xx

• DenisDenis Raw Newbie
    ClaireT said:

Has anyone found something natural that actually takes down a migraine? 

Almonds helped me multiple times with headaches/migraines, but I guess it depends on the type of migraine. Also the effectiveness will be different from person to person.

You could also consider marijuana. Works like a charm for headaches/migraines. It could be a nice solution for these "temporary headaches". It also helps with nausea. Some people also report that CBD strains/oils (which are non-psychoactive) help them with migraines. That is a nice option if you don't want the THC "side-effects". 

ClaireT