Phlegm/mucus reaction after eating fruit or salad

Hello. First post here. My name's Jesse, and I've been trying fruitarianism for a bit over a month now. I was wondering if anyone would know the answer to a question: Recently after I eat, my body seems to produce a lot of phlegm, I'll be hacking it up and coughing for a while after I eat and it even makes it slightly hard to breathe. I've mostly been eating salad with avocado and hot peppers in it, and also bananas, and cantaloupe. I know avocados are somewhat mucus forming and that hot peppers cause a mucus reaction so the body can protect itself. What I don't get is why bananas cause an even worse reaction, and also other fruit to a lesser degree. I'm also not going to the bathroom that often, usually once or twice every other day. I was also thinking of trying Dr. Morse's herbs to help as it seems my digestion is impaired... Anyways if anyone wants to comment feel freeee

ClaireTTammiTrue

Answers

• Energy HealerEnergy Healer Raw Jr. Leader

Hello there Jessee!

Look to the principles of food combining to r & D the issue.

Only eat fruit on an empty stomach and do not mix with anything else.

Wait an hour after eating fruit before eating anything else.

Wait 8 hours after eating non-fruit before eating fruit.

Try several days of just fruit. Try several days of no fruit.

Mucus could be natural detox ...

For constipation ... eat no whole foods ... just live foods for several days... The Rawtarian Smoothie Cleanse sounds good.

If there are still digestion and constipation issues, also bloating, runny stools, carving for fatty, sugary, yeasty fried things or alcohol...

low-level fever or feeling run down ...

Consider a parasite cleanse.

I hope that helps ... let us know the outcome...

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • Hey energy. Thanks for your counsel. I was only waiting like an hour after eating non fruit to eat fruit so that could have been causing it. I'll try the 8 hours now

TammiTrue
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Gargling salt water can help reduce mucus, if you can stand it. 

Grapefruit, pineapple, ginger, and lemon are all supposed to help reduce it too (and taste better). 

TammiTrue
  • zirrrzirrr Raw Newbie

Hi !

I've heard that our bodies contain too much mucus, and when detoxing a lot of that mucus will leave our bodies.

:)

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Hi Jesse. How are you feeling? Any improvements?