Very strict & no weight loss/very discouraged

3 weeks on raw and strict. Zero weight loss! Last night, scale showed that I GAINED 3 pounds. I eat very few nuts, eat very little oil. AM fruit smoothies with a little homemade hemp milk, then salads with veggies and ACV dressing home made. Have been craving ACV since day 1  I cannot believe that all of my hard work and $$$ is not paying off...

I weigh a whopping 188 lbs, 5'7.5 tall. What am I doing wrong? I went raw a few years ago for a time, and the weight just melted off. I just went into menupause a month before I started raw. Could that be it? I have been craving protein all along, and have cheated with garbanzo beans once in a while. I am very close to giving up. Please help...

TammiTrueCreativelycc

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

If it's hormone changes, it could be bloating. Our bodies do bizarre things when estrogen drops. 

I wouldn't give up hope quite yet <3

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

What does your fat feel like? For me, it feels like it becomes less dense before it starts to melt off. Mine felt positively squishy before it finally started to drop. 

amana
  • CreativelyccCreativelycc Raw Jr. Leader

Don't give up Leslie, your body is just adjusting. It takes time. Try to drink more water too. Drinking an 8oz glass of water with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon before meals helps you to lose weight too. Take the time out to calculate how many calories you are eating in a day. It is time consuming but it helps,  Also google a site where you can enter your weight and height which will tell you how many calories you need to eat in a day for you to lose weight. There are a lot of sites out there which do that. It will work. A raw diet will help to regulate your weight. 

The best to you

• amanaamana Raw Newbie

it breaks down the fat on the inside of the body first, there's so much cleansing going on inside,but you can't see it.The best is yet to come.don't give up.

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

How's it going?

• alicamalicam Raw Newbie

That's encouraging knowing it breaks down inside. Hang in there! How do you feel?? I feel awesome. I understand the frustrating feeling of not losing. I ended up finally losing when I went high fruit no fat raw. Limiting bananas. I also love juicing 

ClaireT