Binge Eating

vvverawwuvvverawwu Raw Newbie

Hi! I suffer from binge eating and I was hoping to recover and have a healthy relationship with food by going fully raw. I have always LOVED fruits and vegetables and can easily binge on them. I can binge over 2000 calories of frozen strawberries and blueberries which makes me upset because those foods are very low calorie. I can even binge on a lot of vegetables and I just want to be able to stop this mentality. My weight is slowly crawling up again.  After going fully raw for a month or two. What should I do? 

Thanks! 

ClaireT

Answers

• WheatgrassWheatgrass Raw Jr. Superstar

I have an opinion and or advice on “everything”...but in this case, I do not.

I struggle with over-eating when not hungry, so I sympathize with you.

I find I can control the urge by eating (and filling up in) a fantastic salad.  

Is the salad healthy?  Here is how I analize my meals:

Can you see leaf, root, flower, stem, nuts, seeds in the salad?  How about colors...lots of greens, and reds...and all the variations of red...purple, yellow and more?  With this, I figure I am getting “all the vitamins”, “all the minerals”, “all the enzymes”...and it actually sarisfies, and you will be sated to point of not binging on the dessert fruits.

I have more opinion on salads, I had an itinerary of over 100 that did notmlook ormtaste alike when I was young and went raw for 2 1/2 years...before I ever knew even one person who had...

vvverawwu
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi and welcome to the community!

I know I tend to eat everything in front of me if I'm not really thinking about it.

Can you make a plate of food so you can portion control and then walk far away from the kitchen and other food with it, if you're at home maybe into another room or outside if the weather is good?

If you find ways to distract yourself after eating rather than going back to where there is more food, it may make it easier to control portions. 

vvverawwu
  • vvverawwuvvverawwu Raw Newbie

Hi! I do always put my food on my plate but after I finish, I always tend to go back to the kitchen to get more food.

I have even been to a Stanford professional but they are not able to help me because I've tried everything to recover. 

ClaireT said:

Hi and welcome to the community!

I know I tend to eat everything in front of me if I'm not really thinking about it. Can you make a plate of food so you can portion control and then walk far away from the kitchen and other food with it, if you're at home maybe into another room or outside if the weather is good?

If you find ways to distract yourself after eating rather than going back to where there is more food, it may make it easier to control portions. 

• vvverawwuvvverawwu Raw Newbie

I have an opinion and or advice on “everything”...but in this case, I do not.

I struggle with over-eating when not hungry, so I sympathize with you.

I find I can control the urge by eating (and filling up in) a fantastic salad.  

Is the salad healthy?  Here is how I analize my meals:

Can you see leaf, root, flower, stem, nuts, seeds in the salad?  How about colors...lots of greens, and reds...and all the variations of red...purple, yellow and more?  With this, I figure I am getting “all the vitamins”, “all the minerals”, “all the enzymes”...and it actually sarisfies, and you will be sated to point of not binging on the dessert fruits.

I have more opinion on salads, I had an itinerary of over 100 that did notmlook ormtaste alike when I was young and went raw for 2 1/2 years...before I ever knew even one person who had...

I always make sure I get all my nutrients. I love greens and eat a lot of greens and I often eat a salad first hoping for me to not binge but after the salad, I would start to look and eat for more fruits and vegetables. If there's no more, I would start binging on dried fruits (which are raw) and nuts.