Water Fasting - Anyone done that before?

ltcc7ltcc7 Raw Newbie

Hi,

I want to start water fasting. I wonder has anyone in this forum did that before.

And I would like to get advice and support.

Thanks

Best Answer

• WheatgrassWheatgrass Raw Jr. Superstar
    Answer ✓

There are loads of inspirational authors on the subject, but the best book is by Dr Joel Fuhrmann, who wrote the book after guiding over 10,000 patients to 60 days of water only fasting.  Even after 35 years of water only fasting, annually for last 16 years (22-41 days continuous) I refer to his reference book every fast...it is invaluable.

16 years ago I did a 49 day water only, but my favorite is 25 days or less, I do not have the drop in metabolism that takes months to regain, and do not have the 10-14 days of agonizing, painful re-feeding, waking up the digestive and eliminative system.

Unless you have 10 or more years of experience, I definitely recommend not exceeding 5-10 days to start, and do several before attempting 20 days unless professionally supervised.  

Most important!!!  Do NOT ingest anything with flavor, including brushing with toothpaste, or you will convert the water fast to a “starvation diet”.  Everyone can benefit to 60 days of water only, but people start dying in 14-16 days of starvation diet.

Dry fasting needs even more education, I have NOT attempted one.  16-24 hours is maximum recommended on that subject...which can be “hard” or “soft” depending if shower or bath is allowed.  Some religions do dry fasting, Mormons once a month (though most are unaware of this tenant of their religion) and Ramadam is a month of dry fasting during daylight hours...though health is severly compromised withnthe gluttonous over-feasting after dark and pre-dawn...