Group b strep with symptoms

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has had similar and can offer me a glimmer of hope. I’ve had a mystery vaginal infection for 7 months now, straight after taking antibiotics and using scented sanitary towels (big mistake, I know).
Had so many swabs done and the only thing that ever comes back is group b strep, +++. Taken penicillin for 10 days and swabbed the next week, and numbers were still just as high.

Most medical professionals believe that group b strep can’t cause symptoms, as it usually doesn’t. However, it can, just very rarely. I’m unfortunately one of those unlucky few.

The only time I feel ok is during my period. The rest of the time, it’s always burning or itching to varying degrees, but after my period is the worst.

I’ve just started taking clindamycin vaginal cream incase it’s Desquamative vaginitis. I’m on day 2 and no change at all yet.

Has anyone dealt with this? I feel so alone with it and just need to hold on to any hope that maybe I will get better It’s really affecting my mental health and I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

ClaireTTammiTrue

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi,

Have you looked into natural antibiotics like garlic, honey, and ginger? It can't hurt to increase them in your diet while you're trying everything else. They might offer the little bit of extra help your body needs to fight the strep. 

TammiTrue
  • daisy1986daisy1986 Raw Newbie

I’ve tried garlic but not the others. Will give them a go. 

Thank you :) 

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Have you ever taken allicin? 

It's cleared out infections I had when nothing else would. It's really really harsh on the stomach though.  

daisy1986
  • daisy1986daisy1986 Raw Newbie

Tammi- I tried Allicin a few months back and it didn’t help but I’m back on it. It has very good reviews so I was hopeful it would work but nothing as of yet! 

ClaireT