Meal replacement shakes?

Hi! I never have time for lunch/dinner and so was thinking of trying meal replacements (bar or drink), and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I try to stay on top of my health so nutritionally "complete" is what I'm looking for! Any advice would be really helpful! Thanks :)

ClaireT

Comments

• Garden of Life makes a good one. Of course, I prefer green smoothies, myself. 

ClaireT
  • FeeFee Raw Master

I like Huel - as does my Husband.

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • amberp7745amberp7745 Raw Jr. Leader

It's not a bad option, because I usually replace this meal with a protein shake. Of course, it's best if the body gets everything it needs from food, but that doesn't always work out. I like smoothies better.

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

It's not a bad option, because I usually replace this meal with a protein shake. Of course, it's best if the body gets everything it needs from food, but that doesn't always work out. I like smoothies better.

I tend to add supplements to my smoothies, so I get the benefits of both. 

• patvosspatvoss Raw Newbie

Hi Chloe, If you're leaving the house for one or both of these meals, you can make/take a "blended salad" aka green smoothie. Working around a base of banana, dates and cacao powder you can add veggies such as zucchini, cucumber, spinach, romaine and/or avocado and some berries. A pinch of sea salt and vanilla powder go well with the cacao. If you're not a chocolate person, then use your predominant fruit to carry the flavor. Laura-Jane has raw granola bar recipe with nutritional info here on TRK that you could make over a weekend to have on hand to take for dinners (I'm thinking 1.5 - 2, plus some carrots and a piece of fruit). If you're working from home at either meal, you could use less plant milk in a smoothie and make a smoothie bowl, topping it with oats, coconut flakes and/or fruit. I hope this gives you some ideas.