Olive oil and honey face mask

PeaceePeacee Raw Newbie
edited April 18 in Health & Beauty

Pure virgin Olive oil and honey mixed together can be used as a homemade mask for moisturizing the face.Try this at home and get the best results within 2-3 weeks of usage.

katherinep

Comments

• katherinepkatherinep Raw Jr. Leader

Im already using olive oil almost on daily basis and it's giving me the best wrinkle free smoothest skin. I will try mixing it with honey and use it as a face mask. Will share results...

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I skip the honey. Too messy laughing

• Funny,,, I'm more about the honey. Honey is moisturizing all by itself. Plus it's anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. (Something to think about right now...).  Manuka honey is good for just about everything. I remember when my father was in hospice, he would fall a lot and get bad cuts. We would treat them with Manuka honey and they would heal very quickly. That made me a believer. Honey also contains gluconic acid which will naturally exfoliate skin. So messy or not, I'm all for the honey. I think mixing papaya pulp with honey would make an amazing, hydrating mask for the summertime when skin gets so parched and needs a moisture boost!

Technically, of course, honey is not vegan.. so, there's that... but I do know a number of people who eat almost exclusively raw vegan - EXCEPT they'll eat honey... 

A quandary, isn't it?

TammiTrue
  • lizablizab Raw Newbie

Yep, that's true! Masks contained olive oil are the best for me and my face skin as I have problem skin. 

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I think the honey debate is best left to individual preference. We're always going to have some who do and some who don't. I don't mind using it but it's not a regular thing at my house. 

• VanjaVanja Raw Newbie

Olive oil and honey are perfect for your skin! For my skincare I use products of MorningSonGardens.com only! Its products are made of honey and extra virgin olive oil. All 100% natural ingredients. But I never tried to make my own mask with this ingredients. I will give it a try! :)