Wrinkles & Fine Lines

I am at that age where wrinkles are appearing, there is some discolouration on my skin and  I experience drier skin.

Call me vain, but as a woman, I still want to look good.  Not only to the opposite sex (who doesn’t?) but also for my self-esteem.

So can wrinkles and fine lines be reduced?

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I'm the same about wrinkles. 

Hydration, both inside and out, is the biggest key. Also, make sure there is a ton of vitamin C in your diet. It helps to produce collagen. 

• SuperhotSuperhot Raw Newbie

Thank you ClaireT for your advice. I am going to give it a go. I will add some orange or lemon slices to flavour the water as sometimes I find it hard to drink lots of water if it's unflavoured.  Do you have the same problem?

Thank goodness, I like citrus fruits so that will add to my Vit C!

ClaireT

Water does get boring sometimes! I like adding some lime to mine. 

TammiTrue
  • The most fortunate thing about a raw food diet is the sheer amount of water we are getting from all those fruits and vegetables we're eating! At this time of year, watermelon can add a mega hydration boost to your diet - it's 98 percent water! Plus it's got generous amounts of vitamin A and C. both of which are great for your skin. 

My go-to in summer is cucumber water and herbal sun-teas. We call them spa-teas in our house because they're generally lighter than a regular, hot steeped tea but very refreshing and flavorful if you serve them over ice. Pick something you love and you can be drinking all day without much of a problem!

ClaireTTammiTrue
  • katherinepkatherinep Raw Jr. Leader

You can maybe try coconut oil. It is known to help in filling the gaps in your epidermis and makes your skin feel smoother and helps the skin to retain moisture.

ClaireT
  • SuperhotSuperhot Raw Newbie
    Thank you ClaireT, Practicallyrawwoman and katherinep for sharing and advice.

I did some research and found that you can reduce wrinkles and fine lines by doing the following:-
    1)      Stay Hydrated – Drink at least 2 litres of water daily
    2)      Avoid Excessive Sun Exposure – Apply sunscreen or SPF moisturiser daily
    3)      Get Your Beauty Sleep – Ideally 8 hours per night
    4)      Reduce Stress – Try yoga or meditation
    5)      Quit Smoking – Harder to do
    6)      Add more Anti-oxidants in your diet eg  berries, beans, green tea, red wine
    7)      Apply a good anti-wrinkle cream

What do you think? Have you tried any of this?  Has it worked for you? Let me know?

ClaireT

Superhot, they all sound like good advice for keeping fine lines to an absolute minimum. 

• OK. I think that is a fabulous list! For me, I think drinking lots of water (or, alternately, eating lots of fruits and veggies with high water content) is very important. And sleep. For sure, I look 100 times better when I'm well rested. And protecting your skin when you are outside is very important as well because the sun really does wreak havoc; I live in New Mexico and have a small farm and that put's me outside a lot. So I use baby sunscreen which has a high SPF but is gentle on the skin; I put it on first thing in the morning before I set foot outside and swear by this procedure. Also - my Hungarian great-aunt always told me to always wash your face with cool water - never hot. She had beautiful, line-less skin into her eighties! I also meditate daily... but I don't know that I consider that for beauty as much as for sanity!