Best low cost vertical slow juicer?

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the best / fastest low cost vertical slow juicer with a wide feed chute? I have experience with a centrifugal juicer which was fast but had a lot of moist pulp and didn't seem to get enough out of leafy greens. And also an Omega horizontal juicer but it was just too slow to use often,  and I found it was often about an hour to prep the produce into small pieces and slowly feed through the juicer.

So I'm thinking that a wide chute vertical slow juicer might be the best 'happy medium.' But I'd prefer not to have to spend in the $600 + range to get a good one. Has anyone used a Ventray juicer or anything else in that price range? I'm thinking that I will still have to cut up apples, etc into 1/4 pieces but it seems to me that the larger auger of a vertical juicer would improve speed from a horizontal one? Thoughts?

Any brands and models in the $200 - $300 range that anyone has had a good experience with? 

Or should I just spend the money to get a Kuvings or similar model?

Thanks!!

ClaireT

Answers

• Hello bradw2452, Its good to know that you have shown an interest in juicing. Kudos to you.

If you have been searching for a powerful vertical juicer that costs you less. I would recommend the vintage juicer that is named after the American fitness and nutrition legend. 

Did you just think about the Jack Lalanne?

Then, I must say you got it right.

The Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Express is the one that I was talking about. It is a compact and powerful juicer that can execute its work within a minute. Not only the performance, but the juicer is also super easy to easy and assemble that saves your hell lot of time.

To be honest, the juicer may not be able to match up with the modern juicers, but that doesn't mean it can't juice well. The juicer has the same features and quality as the modern juicers today.

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I think you should find a decent amount of options in the $200-$300 range. Let us know what you find. I'm still stuck with a centrifugal one myself.