Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weight gain

alicamalicam Raw Jr. Superstar

I eat about 15 bananas a day plus a big salad for dinner no avocados.  I'm worried the bananas will cause weight gain because they're a starchy fruit. I cant afford other fruit. Anyone else experienced this? 

Comments

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

It's possible, but I wouldn't worry about it. In my experience, mono meals don't have that effect. 

• alicamalicam Raw Jr. Superstar

Thanks

wilzoe

Avoid keto!!!! You'll feel like shit and it's so bad for your body. All the animal products and eggs and dairy it's so un natural for your body. Go 80 10 10 you'll love it

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I agree on keto being a nightmare. 

alicam

I had no energy today so I purposely ate 2000 calories of fruit I'm hoping this calorie limit wont cause weight gain 

Hi. I hope you're feeling better. Did it help your energy?

Hi claire I think I've put on weight eating 2200 calories I'm bloated and gaining fat fast. I'm tempted to quit what should I do? 

What should I do people? I felt great and was sleeping well but I'm tempted to go back to a standard western diet of 1500 calories a day 

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

Are you eating a bunch of small meals or a few bigger ones? 

3 meals 2 snacks. I've replaced my fruit lunch meal with a green salad

I'd break it into more meals (smaller, obviously) to help with staying full. It's also better for digestion. 

alicam

Thankyou. 

ClaireT

I hope it helps!

I hate to say it but I've gained so much weight being raw. I have stretch Mark's now on my thighs! I'm going keto to lose this weight. I'm sad raw didn't work for me but I dont want to look pregnant all the time. Thanks for your help and I'm envious of all you lucky people who can lose weight on raw but my body just doesnt suit it 

• wilzoewilzoe Raw Newbie

I have tried a raw diet for some weeks, not longer. I haven't gained weight, but I definitely don't lose a lot. I even read a bunch of food essays to figure out these things. I can't say I understand it entirely, but I definitely feel better on a raw diet. My parents are surprised that I haven't disappeared, but my explanations fall on deaf ears. I do fall off the wagon now and then, but I just haul myself back. I had a skin problem - that has reduced with my raw diet. 

alicam

How many bananas a day were you eating when you were raw? I'm going on a keto diet because of the weight gain 

ClaireT
  • amberp7745amberp7745 Raw Jr. Leader

That sounds interesting, but 15 bananas a day seems completely unrealistic. You won't gain weight in one day, but your body will have a hard time dealing with it. Bananas are high in sugar, so it's better not to eat so many of them.

Thanks I'm now on the starch soloution diet all though I miss being raw it's just easier for ke to count calories not being raw