Raw elderberry poisioning

chryskchrysk Raw Newbie

I put 1 cup raw elderberries in a smoothie, I made 2 cups of smoothie, and drank it. Within 1/2 hour I felt nauseous and dizzy, I experienced vomiting and disherria with 2 hours. I had a terrible headache and felt nauseous and light headed for days afterwards.

If these are poisonous, why is this not at least labelled.the poision is cyanide.cyanide can be deadly. Even though a cup doesn't kill you, it does make you really sick. I am really glad my son said no when I offered him some smoothie that day.

Elderberries cannot be eaten raw. 

Comments

• Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

Oh wow, I've eaten them for years. I don't eat them by the cupful though. I thought the poison was primarily in the seeds and leaves. 

• chryskchrysk Raw Newbie

Thanks. I never ate them before this. I only drank elderberry tea.Maybe the dose you get is different. I only had the berries unless something else was mixed in, like a leaf, but I never saw that. I am still ill, today its been 3 days and I was in the ER 2 x, treated for headache and nausea and loss of electrolytes. As well, tests to ensure there is no long term organ damage. It is serious, maybe there was just something also mixed in, unseen, I would think the seeds are in the berries so I would have the seeds.

Harmony1
  • Harmony1Harmony1 Raw Superstar

I hope you feel better soon. Have the test results come back yet?