Sweet Tooth!!

deer4deer4 Raw Jr. Leader

I decided to work on my sweet tooth this week. I LOVE me some chocolate. Especially reeses peanut butter cups. I like brownies, cookies and the occasional cake. I am not an icing person though.  Any suggestions on how to set aside the sweet tooth! Any recipes for the above you would like to share? This and salty has been hard for me. I found some alternatives for salty snacks. I didn't have any trouble giving up my bread and other carbs. Just the salty and sweet stuff! 

ClaireT

Comments

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I would check the recipes on this site if you can't get rid of that sweet tooth. 

The raw vegan chocolate cheesecake is to die for. 

For me, I find that the more I eat healthily, the fewer random cravings I have. 

• Nutriveggie101Nutriveggie101 Raw Jr. Superstar

hey Claire,

Chocolate is my kryptonite, I can give up anything but toiled with chocolate,BUT as soon as i hit ketosis my cravings literally disapeared and ive not eaten any since,so its our microbiom that dictates our cravings,produce ketones and its all over for chocolate!!

The chemical effect on our bodies and mind are very close to the effect of opiates, this is why its hard to kick and why we love it so much, but a drug addict would talk in a similar fashion about opiates they love it too,interesting way of looking at chocolate addiction. 

Low protein diets can promote cravings for sugar?

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

I can completely see how a low protein diet can increase sugar cravings. I've experienced it myself. 

As for chocolate, it has some health benefits, so while I may take breaks from it, I'm never giving it up for good cool