low energy - detox?

hystoriqhystoriq Raw Newbie

hello, i changed my diet approximately a month ago, i'm eating a lot more vegetables and fruits and i cut out dairy products completely. My old diet contained A LOT of dairy products and i was barely eating any fruits or vegetables, also ate fast food at least once a week so this is a big change for me. I thought i would feel more energetic but it's the opposite, i feel a lot more tired especially these past couple of days. I just constantly feel tired and even dizzy/numb at times and i'm having trouble concentrating. I'm also someone who's constantly under a lot of stress so i think that could be one of the reasons why i feel like this but could it also be a detox symptom considering i made a very big change in my diet? did something similar ever happen to any of you guys and how long can it last? (i'm 21 by the way)

Answers

• ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Such a big change in your diet could definitely cause detox symptoms.

Are you getting enough calories and a balance of nutrients? 

hystoriq
  • hystoriqhystoriq Raw Newbie

i don't take notes of what i eat but i'm pretty sure i do? in the morning my breakfasts are either cereals (no gluten, with almond milk) or peanut butter toasts (no gluten), then thru the day most of the snacks i eat are fruits, sometimes i eat cashews or brown rice cakes (i eat snacks maybe 4-5 times during the day) i don't always have lunch but when i do it's either a soup or chicken nuggets with no gluten and my dinners are never the same but they're always pretty healthy. I also try to drink a lot of water. Thank you for replying, i really appreciate it!!

TammiTrue
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I would replace some of your middle of the day fruit with veg. You could be dealing with an overload of sugar. Even natural sugars can still be too much when they're on their own. 

hystoriqClaireT
  • hystoriqhystoriq Raw Newbie

will do! thank you

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Yeah. I forgot to even mention sugar. Our body has a natural cycle and there are times of day when sugar alone can really have a negative impact. Let us know how things go!