Dehydrator

Dehydrator…..just checked the websites and still i have no idea what i really need….Please somebody could you give me an advise what kind,size(i will also need to flight with it back home),brand i need to buy?Amd does anyone knows where i can find it in HongKong??Thanks a lot for any bits of information!:)

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I have the Excaliber 9 tray. I chose it because I recognized that I would be using it like an “oven” in many recipes so size was an issue. I also wanted to be able to do more at once to save prep time. You will definitely want the teflex sheets as well!

• I’m the only raw in my house. I purchased the Nesco dehydrator and jerky maker, I paid about$50 at walmart. It’s round and you may not like that, I haven’t any problems with it and it dehydrators well. The fan is on the top. I couldn’t afford an Excaliber. I’m not really big into dehydrating, so I would suggest taking your time and research. No big rush,there are plenty of tasty recipes on this site that don’t require a dehydrator. Check the Nesco website and see what you think. Good luck. By the way, do you have a stove. I’ve read that you can light the oven at a low temp and then turn the oven off and the temp should be low enough to dehydrate. I hope that helps.