Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FDA Unleashes Radiation on Spinach, Lettuce; FDA Plots to Sicken Consumers with Malnutrition

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Does this mean even the organic produce will be irradiated?

It didn’t sound like just the bagged foods.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

NOOOOOO I can’t believe this! I didn’t think it would really happen. This breaks my heart.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

we will all have to get window boxes and grow our own greens!! In the winter that’s what I do~ grows quick and plentiful providing you have good light coming in through your windows

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

Yup…gotta do what you gotta do

after i move i’m going to build a little cold frame on the south side, maybe one of those a fram greenhouse/rootcellar type jobs. People are always throwing out old windows

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

This is exactly why I spent over $1000 this spring setting up vertical grow towers on my patio. I suspect in two years everything but local produce (sold by the farmer to the consumer, which is suppose to be an exception to irradiation) is going to be the only thing that isn’t irradiated and I can’t get organic non-GMO produce. I you can’t grow your own, buy crop shares in an organic farm quick or you may be out of luck.

When I move to PA i am joining a co op with a huge organic farm. You get to work on it, so you can see exactly how it’s grown, and since being with a co op you are part owner, you have a say in what happens to the food

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

From what I understand, Codex is also going to make growing your own food impossible/illegal, unless you get a license and comply with their rules. Store food! If you start now to build up a supply of raw seeds, raw oils, raw dried fruits & veggies, etc. you will be ahead of the game, perhaps long enough to get the craziness worked out & be able to get raw food again.

heh! that’s a law i’m willing to break. i don’t even see how it would be possible to make gardening illegal. That’s not food… that lettuce is ornamental! sheesh

ANGIE You are right, but dictating what you grow and how you grow private small scale crops is a longer term goal for them, which I used to think would be harder to implement. However, it wouldn’t be a goal if they didn’t think they could get there. The goal in GMO crops is that Monsanto and similar corporations have to license you new seed each year, I can buy plant one heirloom tomatoe this year and harvest seeds from each year’s crop. That is what they want to stop and make sure everyone pays for new seed each year and receive nutritionally depleted food.

Monsanto will be engineering the nutrients out and big pharma will patent them, If you want to receive nutrition, you must pay big pharma, Together, big pharma and GMO have cornered the nutrition/drug market,

this is really, really scary stuff

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Son of a bitch!

Pretty soon they’ll outlaw dirt!

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/foodirrad…

It seems that raw and vegan people are not the only ones against the irradiation. Read this article – I gained some perspective.

• and after dirt a fee for each breath of fresh air!

my boyfriend and I have made emergency packs with water some food, flashlights, and seeds. he’s always talking about that seed bank in case of a nuclear disaster? hmmmmmm…. It is a good idea to save seeds, wild and from what you plant anyway, it’s more economical.

If the air is indeed still fresh enough to breath by then!

I just bought about 50 lbs of dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and a bunch of dried fruit. I’m gonna put it all in dated jars, and replace them as I use them (use the jar in the front and put a new one in the back.) That way, none of it will go bad, because I’ll cycle through it.

• oh my gosh…...i think we all need to learn how to forage as well….

Yes, I’ve been working on that too. I’ve discovered that most of the “weeds” in my yard (dandelion, sow thistle, purslane, etc.) are edible.

• all I can do is sigh…

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

The future looks mighty bleak. Someone please tell me why I am trying to be healthy why would I want to live longer is there a point to this. How are we supposed to stop this. Everytime I get talking about the stupied things the Gov is doing to take away are rights and freedoms my husband tells me to just watch what I say because “they” will take out the loud ones first. But then how do you get things right if your not allowed to do anything. I just want to go out and scream at people to WAKE UP no one is going to listen to a screaming lunitic. this is so frustrating. we can see it happening right in front of us and I feel so useless. I think about my two Grandaughters wondering what kind of life they are going to have and it makes me sick.

BLUE EYES Rest assured, there is no reason to take out the loud ones first or at all given the apathy of the American public. The majority of us can’t think and don’t care to. Until that changes, you are no threat to the government.

All each of us can do is try to live our lives the best we can and educate others. However, one day, some event will wake people up. It will have to be something that made 911 look like a cake walk, but it will be entirely manmade. ‘ I understand how you feel about your grands, I have one too, but all I can do is all I can do. It is the path that humankind has to walk before they learn their lesson.

that is what I am afraid of.

It’s going to end up like farenheit 451, where the group that wouldn’t conform is living together by some old abandoned train tracks. Seriously, If that happens I am going start or split to some commune out in the middle of nowhere

BLUE EYES I thought you were concerned that speaking up or activist activities might get you in trouble with th government. I understand that you are afraid something bad is going to happen. That used to scare me too. However, after that happens it will hopefully trigger the behavior in people required to start doing things sustainably and things will be better. We have all been there sometime in our own life where you just have to hit the wall first.

^True enough.

I say, don’t be afraid – be prepared.

• (“There is no residue, there’s nothing left and certainly no radioactivity left,” she said.)

How very appropriate that last sentence…

Meditating actually I think I said my Husband wants me to keep my mouth shut about it. I hate that something bad has to happen to create something good.Part of me is deathly afraid and the other part wants to do something about it. I can come up with things to say in my head but getting it out of my mouth or in writing, I have never been that good at communicating. Athough when I am passionate about something I have a problem letting it go. They call me the conspiritor at work. I ask questions and usually get blown off.But they know where I stand on certain issues in the workplace and in life. Some would really like to get rid of me one in peticular. But I guess I have enough of the right people who like me. go figure. I was in tears on the way to the fireworks on the fourth of july. I could hear in my head the perfect speech to have right before they start but I know I will never hear it. Seems as though the country cant get it, what it is really all about. the 4th is more than just picnics and fireworks and getting the day off. Maybe they should read the declaration of independence before each fireworks display. If I say anything to offend it is not intended toward anyone. just words of frustration I feel

I wouldn’t talk about it at work. The problem is, 99% of people are so hopelessly brainwashed, they’re not going to care about (or understand) what you’re saying, and if they do, they’ll forget about it in two days, and go back to watching the Olympics.

I’m having a hard enough time just trying to wake up my family.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Oh yeah, people are brainwashed. I posted a link to that article on a non-raw forum because I wanted to inform some people – I actually GOT BASHED for being “afraid of radiation!” People were happy to let the government protect them from evil e-coli…

It really shook me up a bit – I realized then what type of world I was living in.