Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Don't Feed the Trolls

A good friend of mine who has been a moderator for several blog sites passed on this good advice:
“Don’t feed the trolls”.
If you suspect that someone has entered a TROLL aka FAKE forum topic – Don’t bother to respond in an upset way OR a kidding way OR any way at all.
Whatever you write is just feeding the troller.
They are getting what they want. And YOU are most likely wasting your time and/or letting your blood boil. PLUS – You won’t change their behavior.
Please think about this suggestion and just avoid them.
Many good blogs have broken down because of Troll feeding…. and the subsequent infighting it can sometimes spawn.

• thanks mamamilk and kfab.
    just trying to spare fellow GR members some time and stress.
    cheers & peace :)

• Do you all think that No Bones is a Troll? What is the definition of a troll? Do they purposely leave posts that are there for the purpose of mocking people or to cause feuds and fighting? This is not a rhetorical question. I’m asking because I really don’t know. Yesterday was my first encounter with something like this and the first time I’ve heard that term used.

I must admit that I was suspicious at first when it came to No Bone’s posts and thought that he/she was mocking us, but when I reread the posts, this person really didn’t say anything offensive and the reactions that the posts sparked really couldn’t be blamed on No Bones. At the end of the day, we are all responsible for our own actions.

Please don’t get me wrong, I agree with you on your solution to the problem with Trolls. The best way to put an end to something like a Troll post is to not feed it. It wouldn’t be much fun for a Troll to talk to him/herself. I totally would NOT want a bunch of feuding to take place on this site because of a stupid Troll post.

But I must say…No Bones was pretty clever…and comical (I think). I was entertained and got a good laugh (not from the fighting of course), and it made me see how passionate many of you are about what you believe. And I actually learned something…not from No Bones, but from everyone’s responses. A lot of you really left some intelligent responses and I also got a chance to hear different opinions about the topic of meat. It certainly has made me want to do some more research and to be more conscientious about my actions concerning the environment.

• Kendra Far- trolls are people who purposely post things with the intention of creating havoc, trouble, disruption, or drama among regular posters and members of a forum… whether it be obvious or more subtle remarks and comments. No Bones is definitely a troll. Any doubts should be completely eliminated after seeing his most recent post: http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/7831

He has evidently become bored with the way his previous posts slowed down and is back to try to stir the pot some more; this time more blatantly.

Great advice from GreenGhost. Ignore him (and any other future trolls) and he’ll get tired of no drama and go away.

And feel free to start your own posts about topics you are intersted in, too! We certainly don’t have to rely on trolls to get interesting or entertaing threads or friendly debates going! :)

• Yes, Kendra, no bones is being a very large brat lol, and if I am mistaken then please accept all apologies, but I am pretty sure he has a friend or alias on board as well ;> while it’s good to have a devils advocate and I agree with you on the actions part, for the most part, we’re just trying to live better lives and if no bones has a problem with that then that’s their issue, and I’m not sure the childish antics will help any. I was going to add something sarcastic but decided to be nice.

• Thank you Aspire… although I never responded to No Bones directly, ...oh wait! ...I think I did tell him/her to hit the road. Well anyway, I mostly just read the posts and responded to you all, But I will be cautious and keep this in mind…THE TROLLS WILL STARVE!!! (or eat more vegetables) LOL!

• Harmonylia…please forgive me if I took what you said out of context, but who is the devil’s advocate that you are speaking of? You’re not talking about me are you?

• No silly, :P No Bones has been playing devils advocate, meaning they have been purposefully and strategically placing posts as to set members to uproar and infighting. Maturely and normally done it’s actually helpful and a good way to show differing points of view. It’s normally alright, but they have gotten just plain silly and rediculous. Fun is fun, then it’s just, hey, let it go, have a good laugh or just get on with it.

• Oh! LOL! forgive me!

• Yes, I have absolutely NO doubt that NoneMoreRaw is either NoBones also, or his partner in crime. Afterall, NoneMoreRaw is a rather condescending name, very unlike us here, and he just joined on the fourth, four days ago, AND typed a flaming reply as a brand new member. ?? Very abnormal behavior for the average, good-hearted rawie here. Not a coincidence I am sure. But just talking about him/them here is even feeding them, so I am finished.

And Kendra, you were very kind in your posts on NoBones’ threads. Just speaks for you, how good a person you are. :)

• thank you aspire…you are very nice yourself.

• A troll? Maybe an Ogre? Maybe a figment of your imagination? I believe I am none of the above. But again, I’m seeing some of the attitude I was posting about earlier. But I will go see if I can find a bridge to hide under as I try to figure out my program. Thanks for the suggestion!

• I wouldn’t write them off as trolls just yet…maybe just inexperienced with BBS/Forum etiquette…i think ignoring them would be an injustice…i would give them a chance…would be a shame to shun them and possibly turn them off from this lifestyle which we all know would be a shame…maybe they are just grumpy like we all probably were in the beginning…takes a while for the body/mind to adjust to this most healthy lifestyle…

• Eventually this kid(s) will get bored and probably just go away…..

• I have lots of questions that I’m now afraid to ask in case you think I am one of these trolls! That is a shame I think, I don’t think No Bones is one of those trolls because I feel foolish asking obvious questions too. Is that you in your avatar? You don’t look like you would cause trouble?

• screamingherb click on no bones pic then go to his profile and read all his posts, you will soon see what people mean.

• Quote by screamingherb ” Is that you in your avatar? You don’t look like you would cause trouble?”

Are you kidding? Are you looking at the same pic as us?

That is one disturbed looking white boy…probably isnt really No Bones anyway….must have found that pic on Google pics searching “goofy white retard”....

• post deleted

• I don’t mean to be mean, but some of you people are just plain stuck up! You walk around with your noses in the air because you got it all figured out for yourselves. Well good for you! I am sorry but I’m struggling here. I want to be raw because it sounds right, given the cancer causing grilling of cooking anything, or the change that occurs cooking anything. Yeah I might be a f*up but I’m searching for a way that works. Shun me! Go Ahead! Praise only those that already know the way! Troll away. (whatever that is) I guess I need better guidance than a bunch of self back patters.

• dude, do you need a tissue?...

man up…..

• Not even going to attempt reading all these and getting into this but I can’t find that poop post and just wanted to say that my friend asked me the same question a few months ago about gardening with feces and I didn’t find it to be an odd question at all… I’m sure people actually do it without thinking about bacteria and such. Gotta love the diversity these days!!!

• Hey No Bones, I understand where you are coming from, I just wish I had the strength of character to stand up to people like you do. Basically I am trying to lose a lot of weight and gain some self esteem…hopefully going raw will help me do this. I have very few friends..my mum is my best friend (I know it’s sad). Perhaps together along with the help from everyone around here we can both become the people we want to become. I used to love eating BBQ food..but after going raw for a few months now I actually have developed an intense sadness for those poor animals that are slaughtered for those gluttonous hordes out there. Sorry I’m getting carried away here…...JUST DON’T GIVE UP NO BONES!

• of course your mum is your best friend…you still live in her basement…..

• Dear No Bones, I’m not quite sure I personally have gotten the correct vision of you. You present yourself with mis-represented jokes, twisted versions of what is going into your sweet little tummy and multiple personalities. I’m also not sure who called you a Fu** up, and if you are searching for a way to go raw, then you are in the right place. But please do try not to hurl “bunch of self back patters” at us. Many people have gone out of their way to answer you pleasantly and honestly. You deliberately provoked harsh opinion from some very strongly opinioned individuals and shoved their beliefs back into their faces. While your set up was good, and intentions may have been playful, it has come across not quite friendly. Good conversation and interesting debating is good for all involved, when done with maturity and dignity. I think you will find a broad ray of individuals here. So from me, welcome, now quit bratting around and do what the site was set up for. :)

• Wow! that was excellently put Harmonylia…you are the bomb!

• EatMeRaw writes, 1 hour ago: (8 posts)

of course your mum is your best friend…you still live in her basement…..

This is the sought of comments that caused me to become overweight and balding in the first place. I came here to get away from nasty, vexacious people like you EatMeRaw.

• Aww, thanks Kendra, I loved the Myspace page, your hair is to die for! Did you really beat MS??? That’s amazing!

• now quit bratting around and do what the site was set up for

I agree with harmonlyia here No Bones. Just relakcs.

• Hi harmonylia! Yes really did, but not by myself. I will post a bit of my testimony on the site when I have a chance, and my book will talk about it all. Thank you so much for visiting my site and thank you for the hair compliment.

I was just all in your business a minute ago..i.e. your posted recipes. You’ve created some good stuff I’ve just GOTTA try!

• Personally, all the raw people that I’ve met have been very friendly and far from stuck up. In fact, they are probably some of the most friendly people I’ve ever met. How can you not be friendly when it comes to saving the animals? After all, what could be more important and worthwhile than making sure that no animals had to die because of your selfish cravings for flesh? I’m so glad to not be a meat eater anymore, it’s just so uncivilized and cruel. People who eat meat are the true trolls out there, and they need to wake up and smell the Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet’N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice.

• NoneMoreRaw, I hope that cream is made from soya bean!