Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Where is the old crowd? Blue Dolphin, Omshanti, anyone?

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

You guys still around. I miss your crazy selves.

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Me too. I keep hoping they will return. There was a feeling of depth and personal connection that developed over time. I really miss it. I also miss the ongoing threads that had evolved.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I also miss everyone and the way it was. I learned a great deal from all of you and felt good. to me it seems like the whole atmosphere has changed since the troll threads. We never got anywhere with the power of now thread.

• I was also wondering what happened to everyone. Since the site changed, there also has been a shift in the community. Perhaps it's just a transition. People do seem to have drifted away, though.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I thought it had more to do with the site changes than the trolls. I think we got through the troll period. I know the changes were difficult and I personally found that much more taxing than the trolls. It was so difficult to log on for a really long time and, but for the community of regulars feeling kind of like family, whether if I agreed with them or not, I would not have returned myself. But it appears most of them are gone now. I think Trouble is still around.

There are other raw food sites, but they have a very different culture and as bizarre and heavy-handed as thought some of the regulars here were, I see they are on the light side of scale.

I am glad to see the few familiar faces here. Mon46, I forgot how commanding your aviator is. You're looking stately as usual. Good to see you Blue Eyes. I see Beany regularly when I come but I haven't seen WaterBaby or Aspite. There are many others too.

For the longest time I thought Blue Dolphin was a guy and I don't think I realized he was a female. I never got to tell her that one.

Perhaps after the new year we may have a resurrection. The upgrades started near the holidays so maybe people just got involved in their family stuff and haven't thought about it again. We will see.

If not, Happy New Year to everyone. Despite the dingy economic news I am hoping for the best. If nothing else, the Supreme Court should improve (legal humor).

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hi Meditating, I am still here!! I am one of the "originals"....I just have not been that active on posting over the last year *gasp!, has it been that long! * because I have been pregnant, then giving birth, etc. I read the posts everyday, just don't really have time to post these days. But, everyone is always in my thoughts. I too miss all the "originals". I hope more start posting again!

Much Love to Everyone in the New Year!

-Sunny

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I am here! I check in from time to time but yes the trolls and new site kinda got me out of the habit. plus, i've been hanging out on rawfu.

been in communication with angie and winona. both are doing well.

still raw!

I'm having flashbacks now. Good to see you guys.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Glad to see you guys are still here, Hope the others see the thread and drop in.

Hope you all have a happy and safe New Year.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Meditating~

Flashbacks? Are you detoxing or do you need your meds adjusted? teehee

BLUE DOLPHIN - Actually I may actually be having flashbacks soon. I am on day 6 of a water fast (they say things you did 20 - 30 years could pop back up like you just did them). I have been thinking about fasting for over a year. I did my first fast the day after Thanksgiving and did 14 days (I did have some cucumber and celery juice one day and a pear). It is so different not eating anything at all and I feel good. Great news is that as of this morning I have lost 21 pounds in the last 34 days. I am trying to get off my blood pressure medicine and I hope it works.

I agree that truth is often an opinion but I wouldn't worry about being stuck in your ways. I am too but I can't justify being open minded to oppression.

I don't know why I thought you were a guy and then one day I clicked on your profile and there was something that indicated you were a chick and I thought to myself, "Damn, who knew." My perspective of you didn't change at all, other than you seemed more reasonable. LOL.

It is nice to see these old faces (avitars) again. I hope after the holidays we might see more of you guys. I don't mean to sound unkind but the place seems kind of boring without the regulars here. I usually check in every day or so to see if I know anyone. I think Beany is the only regular. I also see RawFoodChef is still here. Other than that I don't think I know any of the new members.

Happy New Year.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Meditating - I know you posted this looking for others... i was reading this thread and started wondering how you are doing water fasting for so long? I work out about 3x a week and i'm scared to water fast b/c of the working out. Any advice?

You said in your earlier post that you thought "the oldies" might've left due to the website changes, but i did notice alot of them leaving after the troll situation... i don't know, maybe it was a combination of things. The "support" has been lacking since then :( Hopefully it will get back to where it once was!

Meditating~

So, as a guy, I sound less reasonable... as a gal, I sound more reasonable... I don't know how to take that... but it sure gave me a good laugh.

As to your comment about oppression (or a differing opinion)... there has to be a way of respecting and appreciating the viewpoint without agreeing and judging... that is what I am asking of the other person. If I can't do that, how can I ask that of another? The righteousness and judging is what brings about an escalation of conflicts... more of the same... people killing or suppressing others... and that just doesn't work for anyone.

I'm not a big advocate on extreme weight loss induced by extreme caloric and nutrition deprivation since usually it means that more muscle is lost and less fat, amongst other wellness related issues. Also, as soon as one starts to eat again, the body will fiercely hold onto anything one consumes causing quick weight gain. A good, healthy, sustainable lifestyle is what tends to work best.

Take care of yourself in general, and especially while fasting. I hope you have someone checking in on you. I applaud you for your commitment to doing what it takes to get off the meds. Yes, give your body what it needs and it will function optimally... and without meds.

To your wellness...

PS. Keep the community intention... a supportive and fun community will again rise out on the site... All communities are organic... they grow and retract, depending on the value that is created for its members.

Blue_Eyes~

On behalf of us "oldies", thankx. :)

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

Sure is good to be reading posts from some of the earlier folk, when I first joined.

All the other are good too,don't get me wrong,just really enjoy reading yours Bluedolfin.

ajc~

*tail fin blushing* Glad you enjoy my posts. I hope my posts (or at least some of them) are useful to you. Thank you for the kind words. Your words make a difference.

Each time I see your avatar, I just want to reach out and hug that face. What a big hunk of furry love there. :)

BTW... Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Rah! ;)

carrie6292~

I think the troll issue and the politics showed where the support structure broke down. It really tests the commitment of a supportive community when things get challenging. A community either gets a stronger support structure, a commitment to be supportive in the face of differences or shows the weakness in the community support structure and the community gets a shake out...

A new supportive structure will arise if the commitment is there. :)

Hi Y'all *fin waving wildly* *splash* *splash*

spiritedmama~

Congrats on the baby. Hope y'all are healthy and happy.

Meditating~

Thank you for your kind and generous words. Too funny about you thinking I had outdoor plumbing rather than indoor plumbing. I didn't realize my posts had a "low voice" tone to them. ;) The funny part is that in 3D I'm usually taken for a young'n (voice is fairly high, gender is usually not a point of confusion). Curious... did your perspective of my posts change when you realized my actual plumbing orientation?

As emtpdmom wrote, I'm around. I tend to post if I have something to write that I think might be useful and leaving space for others to step up to contribute. I had an "ah ha" moment prior to the election. I kinda got burned out "discussing" viewpoints and realized I was just as set in my viewpoint as others are in theirs... "truth" is only a viewpoint... the "discussions" were not useful, were frustrating, and I didn't think the "discussions" were making a difference towards creating a world that works for everyone, so I stopped "discussing" things. I've been a bit introspective in looking at what actions of mine are a model of the perspective I would like to see in the world which also includes having space for different perspectives... life has been a bit upside-down to say the least... a bit heavy, sorry...

On the bright side, I've also been partnering with someone new in my home-based biz, making a difference in people's quality of life. Exciting, challenging, and fun! :)

Again, thankx for the shoutout. It means a lot to me and moves me.. *hugs*

Y'all~

BTW, y'all are welcome to email me if so moved to. If I don't respond it usually means I didn't receive the email. :)

As y'all might be able to tell, like the song says, however... still crazy after all these years. ;)

May the New Year be a year full of many realized dreams... remember to dream BIG, dream BOLD!

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

That big hunk of furry love is Missy.

She is about eight,and has a few grey hairs in her gob flaps now :)

She is probably the most loyal dog I have had over the years.

My son found her,she wandered into his place oneday.He advertised in the lost and found section of the local newspaper,but obviously no one claimed her,and somehow Mum ended up with her,but what a find!

This was when we lived in Queensland.

Here is another lovely shot of her,hope it is ok to do this?

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/nutmeg_010/missy.jpg

ajc~

How fortunate are you to have that sweetness in your life!... actually fortunate for both of you. :)

Re. Your picture of Missy (of course it is ok to post the link)... LOL Looks like someone is having a good time. LOL

• I'm still here! :D

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I took this photo a little while ago so you could see what I'm talking about with the grey in her face.

That's about all from me for today.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l252/nutmeg_010/P1010008.jpg

• I'm an oldie but a goodie too. I occasionally check this site for recipes ( as I am today ). I'm not on it much anymore.

Spritedmama : Congrats on the wee one!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I miss a lot of the old members too and I've started to check back. I had many months of great interactions and lots of support but then it seemed to turn sour and I didn't feel like exposing myself to that. So I'm visiting with caution and wishing everyone well. I'm 811 now and loving it.

• I must haved missed the trolling period. This site was a great source of joy to me when I first joined. It's nice to see some of the older members as well as the newer ones. I must admit that I'm technically challeged so if the recent topics are not where I can see them I probably won't go looking for them ( my issue , not the website ).

Spirit, The ten most recent postings, including recipe comments, are on the homepage. To see the ten most recent topics you have to check the "Forums" page. They're in the top right hand corner.

It does take a little practice and experimenting, but the site has some awesome features now. Click here for some tips and hints on using the new features.

Meditating, thanks for starting this thread. It's great to hear from so many "oldies". As an older (almost 63) but fairly newbie to the site, I enjoyed reading the indepth posts, and gleaning wisdom from everyone's experiences and perspectives. I really miss that. Maybe this thread will kick start some of it back up.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

hey! i've deviated from raw. but finding that i really did feel my best doing the raw diet. and i can honestly say i stayed with it longer than any other diet.

i'm not sure that 100% works for me, but i think i will be coming back into the fold very soon, i'm really struggling with my health.

• Emtpdmom : Thanks for the guidance, I needed it :).

My pleasure.

• Nice to see you all, again--and Happy New Year! Thanks for the comment on my avatar, Meditating. I aspire to his wisdom over the next year (unfortunately, I have a long way to go).

• I dont think this new set up is very funtional and i feel it did take alot of the joy out of being here. My old account couldnt be found so i had to make a new one! I know i wasnt as "close" as some of you are/ were but i came to the site at least once a day and posted often. I hope they can do something with the set up on this site.

Its nice to be back it seemed like it took forever to get this site back up and running.

Happy New Year to all of you and its good to be back!

• Hey Everyone!!

Happy New Year!!!

I too miss that old feeling of the "good ole days"!!

Miss the connection. But through this thread I see that it

is still there...

I do miss some who I do not see logging in on GR.

But I also see some old members such as aspire, Joyce H,

waterbaby12347 log on from time to time and just not post.

It makes me happy to know they are still out there...behind the scenes.

But we all go through phases in life...transitions.

And who knows maybe some are just in hibernation.

Bluedolfin -

I just wanted to say I could relate to what you wrote earlier

about judging, perceptions, and respecting others viewpoints.

I will always carry apart of what you wrote in the back of my mind.

And that is one of the reasons I really enjoy GR...we might not know how

or be aware, but we do affect and touch each other in some form or another.

Thanks for sharing your Thoughts. I appreciated them.

Many Smiles Everyone!!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Hi every one. Did you see I added to my name? I changed it during the improving of gone raw. Thought it would be easier. Wow what a mistake. Just a few days ago got every thing cleared up.

Yes!!! The politic thing was really up setting for me. Glad it is over! Now we can settle back for 4 peaceful years ( I hope ).

I tried many of Russell James "Christmas Recipes" for the holidays. Not one was a flopp! I put his mango custard over cut up fruit for the dessert. A very nice touch for such a heavy meal.

Glad to see all of you here. !!